Thursday, May 27, 2010

Summertime!!!

It is officially summer at our house. I finished work Wednesday morning and don't go back until August 2nd and it is a great feeling! I am so happy to be home with Lex (and puppy Cassie of course) and spend some great time with my girl this summer. I know this will be our last summer just the two of us and we are going to make the very best of it. I am hoping to get back to cooking for the hubby and keeping our house clean as well! Been slacking on that during the 1st trimester.

I am 16 weeks and 3 days today! We had our full diagnostic appointment today and we were able to see the babies brains, spines, everything. Everything on both babies looked perfect. They both had all 4 heart chambers and had great, strong heartbeats.
Baby a - 140 and Baby b- 136..
We were really counting on finding out the sexes but baby b was quite comfy sucking his thumb and just wouldn't spread it. Baby a did show us some but we aren't 100% sure so we go back on June 22 and will be 20 weeks and they said we can know for sure on both babies.
I am just relived that they are both so healthy and active. Baby a was practically doing gymnastics while we were at the doc. It moved from laying upright to practically standing on its head. It was hilarious. We were able to take Alexis for the first time and the smile on her face when she heard the heartbeats was awesome. She looked at me and Jon and said I just love that sound!!! It was precious and I have NO DOUBT that she is going to be the best big sister there ever was!

We are heading to Gulf Shores in 2 weeks and will be there for a week. So looking forward to laying on the beach and at the pool and just relaxing. Oh and the shopping and good restaurants make it so much fun as well. We will return on a Saturday and will find out the sexes the following Tuesday and we plan to get busy shopping and decorating their nursery.
We have already purchased the two cribs and changing table and dresser. Babies R Us was having a great big furniture sale this past week and with us needing two cribs it was going to save us a couple hundred dollars so we went for it and Jon and his dad picked it up last night..
So we are planning to have the furniture set up before our next appointment that way we can pick out paint colors and bedding as soon as we know the sexes.

As I was very disappointed to not find out the sexes today I realize that its only 3 weeks away until we do. I am reminding myself how incredibly blessed we are. We are carrying to perfectly healthy babies! That is truly amazing. I will never take for granted how blessed we are!

No comments:

Post a Comment